Bivouac Swinton is about 5 miles west from Masham, a charming Wensleydale market town renowned for its breweries (Black Sheep and Theakstons) and annual Sheep Fair. The villages of Ilton, Fearby and Healey are all a short drive/half hour walk away.
The Bivouac is 30 minutes drive from the A1 and 8 miles north of Ripon.
The directions below are from the A1. Due to roadwork’s and development of the A1 this may change, but at the time of writing this is how to get to us!
Coming up from the south on the A1: Come off the A1 at Junction 50, after the slip road, at the roundabout take the turning for Masham. The road you will travel along runs parallel to the A1 for a short while. At the next roundabout take a left turn onto the .B6267. Carry along that road for about 7 miles before taking a sharp right onto the A6108 at a T-Junction keep going until you reach Masham.
Coming down from the north on the A1: Come off the A1 at the A684 exit toward Bedale/Northallerton, turn left onto the Bedale road A684. When you reach Bedale, take a dog leg onto the B6285 (turn left and then right) and carry along for about 4 miles. At the T-Junction turn right onto the B6267- at the next T-Junction take a sharp right onto the A6108, keep going until you reach Masham.
Once you reach Masham (A6108):
- Keep going until you reach the outskirts of Masham and follow the road round up the hill and past the Wensleydale Garage.
- Take a left toward the village of Fearby (Fearby Road) and pass through the village.
- Take the first left just before the primary school.
- Travel along that road until you reach a T-Junction and turn right up the hill.
- Follow that road round and when you come to a big sign with Bivouac on it turn right.
- Drive up the hill and take your first left along a drive that leads to our car park.